Search in this section
Instructions for completely automating the certificate renewal process. In our example the product QuickSSLPremium with the authentication method DNS is used.
Renew a QuickSSLPremium certificate
Generate DNS Record and check CSR (400110)
QuickSSLPremium certificates are validated using TXT records. For this purpose, the zone which is also the common name of the certificate, must be edited to contain a TXT record containing very specific values. By using the CertificatePrepareOrder (400110) task, the provided CSR key is checked for the correct bit-length. In addition, the required validation (authentication) data is generated.
Example TXT :
domain.com. 300 IN TXT "201704071405295z34is5g0jjairsdu0v5opdw8512td8kixzvtaacu4ebrkry5q"
Certificate Renew (400106)
The renewal of the certificate is initiated with the CertificateRenew (400106) task. The same exact data that was used for the CertificateCreate (400101) must be used.
- ID : Certificate ID
- Contact : QuickSSLPremium requires the use of a technical and administrative contact. The ID of a contact must be used.
- Name : The name of the certificate
- Product : For QuickSSLPremium the attribute QUICKSSLPREMIUM must be set.
- Authentication : The generated authentication data
- Term : QuickSSLPremium supports a term of 12 or 24 months.
- Software : Either APACHESSL or IIS5 can be chosen.
- CSR : The CSR used for the certificate
The automatic zone provisioning only functions if the zone is managed by AutoDNS and if the SSL Manager and AutoDNS are connected to one another.
Inquire (0905) and Confirm (0906) Poll Messages
By using the CertificateRenew task from the previous step, a job is automatically generated which takes care of the certificate order. As soon as the job is completed, a poll message is generated which needs to be inquired with the PollInfo (0905) task. The poll message contains information about the job. If the job was successful, the ID of the ordered certificate is returned. The job then has to be confirmed with the PollConfirm (0906) task.
Inquire Certificate Information (400104)
The CertificateInfo (400104) task displays all the certificate details. The information can inquired by sending the ID from the step Inquire (0905) and Confirm (0906) Poll Messages.
Task codes and Names
- CertificatePrepareOrder (400110)= Prepare the certificate request
- CertificateRenew (400106)= Renews the term of the certificate
- CertificateInfo (400104)= Inquires information contained in a certificate
- PollInfo (0905)= Inquires all available poll messages
- PollConfirm (0906)= Confirms a poll message